Friday, July 31, 2009

The Capping Ceremony

..........................................................................
A milestone in nursing school is to pass Pharmacology courses and get the coveted nurses cap. This is no easy feat...I was scared for the first time in this class that I actually would not pass the course. I did... at the top ( bragging here) So now I can legally "pass meds" (medical lingo for give my patients their medication by mouth or injection). Who Hoo Hoo!!!!
These are pictures from our capping ceremony.

As the Fall Trimester begins, I am a Senior Nursing Student. We have just a few more months to go until our graduation ceremony in October. However we will actually finish our clinical training in December.
Lots of ceremony and studying going on here. So much to remember about each illness and the care that we have to give.
Last month I worked my 200 hours of Labor/Delivery/Post Partum Nursing. I witnessed a few different types of births and assisted with some c-sections. I cared for many post partum mothers, too. I can safely say that I do not want to be an O.B. Nurse. I am into natural childbirth and the way things are done in the hospital are too unnatural (in my way of thinking).
I worked several hours in the newborn nursery and I liked working on such tiny patients- that option is still open.
This month I will work in the O.R. and assist with surgeries....not sure what to expect there...but I will tend to many I.V.s I bet.

No comments: