
I have been going to the Lee School for the Arts these past 7 weeks to learn how to throw pottery. Before this class I had never tried my hand at ceramics. But I have always liked the look and function of pottery dishes. So Sam signed me up as a present. The actual "throwing" of the clay is much harder than you think. I went in there expecting to make bowls and cups within the first week. Ha Ha that was a laugh. It takes practice and good arm muscles. But by week 7 I had about 13 pieces made. I am now buffed, too. Here are some pictures that I asked my pottery teacher to take:

Here I am laughing at the comment someone made:
" It is not as simple as they make it look in the movie GHOST is it?"

These are my pots and cups bisqued and glazed waiting to go into the kiln. Once they are baked in the kiln, they will have a nice shiny look and the colors will be drastically different. The pink pots are supposed to turn crimson red. The green pots are supposed to turn multi shaded dark blue! And the blue pots are supposed to turn saphire. I will put up a picture when I have them baked next week. At the end of class there will be an art show and I will be one of the artists featured. Can you believe it! Me! having an art show. Yes life sure is different now.

No comments:
Post a Comment