Friday, December 05, 2008

Things have changed around here....



Well the girls have started attending a new school. The old one had a problem with the proper treatment of Autistic kids. The new one is far better all around.
Sam has been playing for local youth groups and Sunday morning worship again. The picture above is at a recent youth concert. Abby was a " guest" back up singer for Sam. She knows almost all the songs. Amber and Anna work the crowds with their dancing.


We have been going to Vanderbilt Children's Hospital frequently for Amber's testing and treatment. Abby will go there in January for Developmental testing, too.



Amber's skin test


Abby's skin test

We had allergy testing in late October. The results were: you cant feed Amber and Abby food. They tested alergic to milk, soy, bananas, fish, peanuts, mold & pecans/tree nuts. We are having further testing to see if we can feed them some of these things in limited amounts. We all sure HOPE so. In the mean time we were given Epi-pens in case of an allergic reaction. The girls remember the scene in Meet the Robinsons where Mr. Herrington has a peanut allergy that calls for an Epi-pen in the thigh. They are nervous about having these pens in the house.


Anna has grown into a delightful and compassionate toddler. She articulates very well for her age, and she gives her cousin, Fayte, tips on how to act adorable. This pic is evidence; they were acting cute until I turned my back...then they b-lined for the forbidden staircase which Fayte so desperatly wanted to climb. The smily pic is Anna feigning innocence



.And after three years of patiently filling out applications, taking math and science competency tests, and sitting through orientations for waiting lists, I GOT ACCEPTED INTO NURSING SCHOOL!!! Classes start January 5th. They are M-F 8:00-2:30. But by December 2009 I will have my Diploma and my Practical Nursing License.
Please pray for God to work out the child care and work issues that Sam will now juggle as I become a full-time student. Please pray that I do well as I have been out of school for 6 years now and there will be an adjustment period to go through.

No comments: