
This week Sam had an accident involving his thumb. He was changing the blades of his thickness planer and his thumb slipped across the blade to fillet his thumb. We took him to the local E.R. where he was treated for shock and bleeding. They glued the part that looked salvageable and gave him a prescription for antibiotics. Then they wrapped him up in a soft cast and sent him home to recuperate. We were told that part of the thumb (including a portion of his nail) might not reattach and could fall off. We will wait and see. Right now Sam is in a bit of pain and he is anxious to be done with this injury and back to planning his upcoming concert.
Right now Sam can not hold a pick to play, but as Sam put it, " I'll duct tape a pick to my finger if I have to..I'm gonna still play."

1 comment:
Aptly titled post. I think that's all I have to say.
Post a Comment